Cheesecake!!! Lactose free, single serves.

CHEESECAKE, I LOVE IT


Incase you didn't get that, I really really LOVE cheesecake, but unfortunately it's a unrequited love. Having to deal with lactose intolerance is definitely becoming easier with the introduction of  lactose free products onto our supermarket shelves.  I regular buy lactose free milks, cheeses and creams, and this year I noticed that Ice-cream is also now available, this really excited me as I'm not always keen to make my own ice-cream.  A couple of weeks after my ice-cream discovery, I noticed lactose free cream cheese, this means that I can now make a cheesecake that is going to be friendly to me, MIND BLOWN.  So I grabbed some Liddlles Lactose free cream cheese and some long life cream and started to have a play around.

I decided instead of making one big cheesecake I'd make four small single serve ones, why?
Because it's cute!
Seeing as I only had two small flan cases, I had to also used two in small ramekins.

With Cheesecake you really can do any kind of base you like, I usually like to crush up Marie biscuits, mix the crumb with melted butter and refrigerate to set.  But today is all about keeping it lactose free and freshly baked,  so I made the biscuit base I like to make for a caramel slice.

So here is what you need…

For the bases

  • 1/2 a cup of plain flour
  • 1/4 of a of cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 of a of coconut
  • 60 grams of melted Nuttelex (butter alternative) 

For the filling
  • 250 gram tub of spreadable lactose free cream cheese
  • 100 mls lactose free cream
  • 45 grams icing sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
  • 1/2 a teaspoon lemon juice.
Plating up
  • A couple of squares of chocolate to grate and sprinkle over the top.
  • Some fresh mint leaves to garnish.
How you do it…





Base
  • Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
  • Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
  • Evenly fill each case/ramekin with the mix.  My mix weighed 180grams, so I put 45 grams into each case, try and keep the base as thin as possible. 
  • Bake for 12 mins
  • Let cool completely
Filling
  • Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and lemon juice
  • Once completely mixed and smooth add in the cream and beat well
  • Fill each case and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours. You could alternative place them in the freezer for quicker setting.
  • Grate some chocolate and sprinkle over the top.
Creamy goodness!
I can't wait to play around with adding caramels, nuts and of course the best thing you can add to anything…Nutella


Happy  Baking. 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS