Carrot Cake

Over easter my 3 year old daughter came up with the idea to make a carrot cake to leave out for the Easter bunny, so I jumped into a search to find a great carrot cake.  I discovered this great dairy free recipe in my Women's Weekly 'Easy Cupcakes by colours' book.  I iced the carrot cake with a lemon buttercream, instead of the traditional cream cheese icing.


What you need…
  • 1 cup of Vegetable oil
  • 1 1/3 cups of packed light brown sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 3 cups of grated carrot
  • 1 cup chopped up walnuts
  • 2 1/2 cups of self raising flour
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of bi-carb soda
  • 2 teaspoons of mixed spice




How you do it…
  • Beat the oil, sugar, and eggs together in your mix master or with an electric beater until thick.
  • Stir in the carrots and walnuts then the self raising flour, bi-carb soda and mixed spice. 
  • you can either place 1/4 cup of the mixture into muffin cases or in a loaf tin
  • Bake on 180 degrees, my loaf cake took 50 mins.
  • let cool and make your choice of frosting.
     










Happy Baking




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS