Lemon & Vanilla Cupcakes for Easter


Tomorrow my two little ladies are having their Easter brake up party at their weekly music group.  I was asked to make some mini cupcakes for the kids to have as part of their morning tea, I didn't want to make something too plain but seeing as they are for little kids they could't be a strong flavour, so these lemon and vanilla cakes came to mind.  They are a  nice light cake with a subtle lemon tang but still has a nice smoothness that vanilla brings.

Being an easter party, I couldn't resist and dressed the cakes up with some buttercream and fabulous fondant bunny ears that I made.

What you need…

  • 125 grams Butter at room temperate 
  • 3/4 a cup of Caster Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of Vanilla paste
  • Zest of 1 Lemon
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/4 of a cup of Milk

How you do it…

  • Using you hand mixer are mix master cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and zest together.
  • Once well mixed and creamy add the eggs one at a time.
  • Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well
  • Add in the milk and beat for 3 minutes making the batter light and fluffy.
  • divide into your cupcake cases and bake
I used both mini cases and normal sized cases, the mini cases took 7 minutes to bake, and the larger cases took 15 minutes.

To make the bunny ears, I rolled out a small amount of white fondant and used a flower shape cookie cutter to cut out 12 flowers, out of each flower I used a knife and cut 2 heart shapes.  With the heart shapes I used my fingers to elongate the 'ears'. I then coloured some of the left over fondant light pink, I just pinched off small pieces and with water stuck them down into the middle of the ears.

Then once the ears were dry they could be pushed into the buttercream! Perfect easter cupcakes!

Happy Baking


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS